Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Little Things

It wasn't so long ago that I swore I would never photograph a wedding, a baby, or anything "gushy" of that nature.  I have since become a completely different person, thus a completely different photographer.  What changed?  My understanding of love and my complete devotion to my family.  On nights like tonight, I realize how important a personal photo is.  That documenting the loves of my life and then being able to reflect and re-live little moments is so special.  I take thousands upon thousands of photographs of my family and spend late nights editing through years of photos preparing them for print.

Tonight I came across this simple little treasure of a photo.  These little socks that Milo threw on the ground nearly a year ago.  They seemed like "big" socks at the time.  His feet have grown so much.  He has grown so much.  It's just amazing the emotion this photo of little socks has stirred up.  And this, is why I've become so devoted to photographing love, family, bonding, and all that sweet stuff.


No comments: