Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sonoma Editorial Photographer ~ It's About the People

While on assignment for the Sonoma Magazine a couple weekends ago, I had the pleasure of running into a new friend, Maki Aizawa Gilman.  She is a fellow member at The Collection and very talented floral designer/ owner of Viola Floral Design here in Sonoma.  I was photographing the party goers at the film festivals gala event for the social pages of the magazine, and Maki was raising awareness and money for her home town of Sendai, Japan just recently devastated my the recent catostrophic events.  She was dressed in a beautiful Kimono with a gorgeous updo finished with a flower.  We were standing in a dark hall when Susan Sarandon passed by and walked into the kitchen.  Maki looked into the kitchen and I saw this gorgeous light on mixed and an expression of strength and passion on her face.  I asked to take her portrait right there, and this is what I got.  I absolutely love this picture of Maki.

No comments: