Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I love being a mother!  I love having a mother!  I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family.

When I picked Milo up from daycare the other day he handed me a vase (a plastic cup) with four precious flowers in it.  The flowers were made from cutout tracings of his little hands taped to pipe cleaners.  Attached was a note that said, "When you look at the petals of the flowers, my fingers are what you see.  Someday when I am all grown up, you'll still have this memory.  Happy Mother's Day."

So sweet and so true.  All these moments (both challenging and gratifying) are held so close to my heart.  I love my children with everything that I've got and I'm so proud to put them first.  As a mother, I now know what my mom sacrificed for me.  Thank you mom!  Happy mothers day to you, to me, and to all the hard working, tender loving mama's out there.

No comments: