Saturday, March 6, 2010

Puffy Clouds in Rutherford

I love photographing on days when white puffy clouds fill a rich blue sky. That's what I got this past Thursday when photographing this super modern estate amongst the vineyards in Rutherford. This property made me feel like I was in Italy. I've never been to Italy, but I suspect there is an estate of this sort there.

The facade of this spectacular building was built up with carved masonry, plaster, and huge polarized windows. My favorite little scene was the outdoor dining area, which Lorna, from Beautiful Places staged beautifully. She found a wonderful flowered sheet, used it as a table cloth and dressed the table with Tuscan style dinnerware, filled small vases with olive tree sprigs, and filled a bowl with colorful fruit for a splash of color. All this was set on a backdrop of lights on a string, a mini olive tree orchard, and acres of vines. Beautiful!

Here are some of my favorite images from the day.




















Whenever opportunity presents itself and I am able to take pictures for my own simple artistic pleasure, I do. These are some personal photos from that day.



















No comments: