Tuesday, August 24, 2010

There's Nothing Like a Sleeping Baby

This past weekend I had the pleasure of photographing a sweet 20 day old baby, Olivia.  With a photojournalism background, photographing babies is worlds away from the type of work I generally do and presents it's own unique challenges.  The biggest challenge of this type of work is getting baby to sleep.  The sessions can generally run up to four hours, with a great deal of that time prepping baby for a good snooze, and just letting her work through her natural sleep/ wake cycle.  But it's all worth it in the end.

There's nothing like photographing a sleeping baby.  Once they're asleep it's possible to move them around to achieve some very sweet poses.  Olivia is an adorable baby and I had fun posing her in my new copper pot prop, a wine box, and with some fabrics wrapped around her.  Here are some of my favorite shots.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alivia is my niece and I must say Rebecca, you did an amazing job. I have seen the other poses you took and they are beautiful. Great Job.