Monday, February 1, 2010

I'd be lying if...

I'd be lying if I said I was inspired, motivated, and excited about this photo shoot. Knowing that there was a view across the valley and bay to San Francisco beneath the low lying blanket of clouds, a garden of delight during the spring, and lounge chairs surrounding the pool during summer, I had to pull out all my bag of tricks photographing this property on such a gloomy winter's day. I've always said, some buildings/ property are designed to be photographed, while others (such as this) are beautiful to the naked eye, but a challenge when viewed through the camera.

I'm always up for a challenge though and was pleasantly surprised at how the property transformed as the sun when down and incandescent lights turned up.

In the background you can see Lorna riding the funicular (tram) down the hill. One crazy feature of this property. Riding it was quite scary at first, but towards the end of the day I was making up excuses to ride up and down in it.







No comments: